Tuesday, April 17, 2012

For the love of free stuff

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that there is a shortage of the base used to create nail polish.  The the demand has gotten so high from those in business, and those just making creations for themselves, that our one supplier was tapped out.






There are several suppliers that have the process started to bring in this product, meaning the base shortage will not last for long.  And, I have a supply of my own on the way, so in 4-6 weeks, there can be polish !


In the mean time, I have gotten loads of messages and convos asking if I had polish in stock to purchase.  I have so few bottles left, that I would hate to list them and create a mad rush, so instead I am going to have a give-a-way!






This give-a-way is going to tie into my Facebook page.  I am so close to reaching a 1000 fans, and I think I can do it!  If I can reach 1000 fans by midnight EST April 30th, 2012 I will have a give-a-way.


How do you enter you ask?  Two easy ways:


1) Like us on Facebook  - http://www.facebook.com/KBShimmerBathandBody and either post a comment there telling me your favorite KBShimmer Product, what product you would like to try or post a picture of using one you have (no naked pictures please and thanks).


2) Subscribe to this blog and post a comment here telling me your favorite KBShimmer Product or what product you would like to try.


I will then choose 2 winners, one from my Facebook Fans, and one from blog subscribers.


Oh, wait, before you do all that, I bet you want to know what you can win.


To the Facebook Fan:
A hand care set from KBShimmer (of course, do you think I would get prizes from Wal-Mart?)
 - One Full Sized Sugar Scrub in Raspberry Vanilla
 - One Full Sized Lotion w/Pump in Vanilla
 - One Bar of Soap in Raspberry Vanilla
 - Two KBShimmer Nail Polishes in Proud Peacock and Fire & Ice
 - A Matchbook Nail File Set


To the Blog Subscriber:
A body care set from KBShimmer
- One Full Sized Sugar Scrub in Paradise
- Two Bath Bombs in Paradise
- One Full Sized Soap in Paradise
- One Lip Balm in Lime
- Two KBShimmer Nail Polishes in Electric Plum and Party
- A Matchbook Nail File Set




Now for the details.  If the KBShimmer Facebook Pages hits 1000 Fans before midnight April 30th, 2012, two winners will be selected by random number generator.  All prizes must be shipped to a US (non-military) address.  Shipping costs are included with the prizes, and will ship USPS.  You must be 18 years old or older to win.  Winners will be announced the first business day after we hit 1000 fans.  Winners will be announced on here and Facebook, and will need to email me to claim the prize. Prize scents and colors subject to change.  Any prize not claimed within 1 week will be forfeit. One entry, per person, per method of entry.  If for some reason we are unable to hit 1000 fans, I reserve the right to cancel the give-a-way or offer smaller prizes.





51 comments:

ambbum said...

I would love to try the soaps - they sound awesome and look fun!! :-)

Elizedge said...

would love to try your soaps- I have your newsprint np on its way to me right now! ::;squee!:

Erin said...

Hello there! I came across your Etsy because I was looking for super sparkly nail polish (You totally succeeded, I had a heck of a time limiting it to 6 polishes!). Your business card that came with the polish smelled so good that I had to order soaps and bath bombs. I am most eager to try out your Chai scented soap, although I have a strong feeling that the urge to eat it will be high! Thanks so much for creating such amazing products, you have certainly found yourself a huge fan!

Unknown said...

I just found you yesterday and am following your blog and your FB page! I have already bought two of your polishes, Party and Summer Sun! You recently posted new polishes, and it seemed like I was "favoriting" them all on Etsy! I love Newsprint and Showgirl, Shipwreck, and Electric Plum nail polishes! I went to buy them last night, but they were all gone. :o( Congratualtions on almost reaching 1000! That is so awesome!

karigold said...

I would love to try your polishes & scrubs!

Unknown said...

As much as I love your polish I am dieing to try your bath bombs but I'm afraid I would never get out of the tub lol

Kate B said...

i'd love to try clown puke or the relaxation bath scrubs! good luck on reaching 1,000!

Anissa said...

i was actually pointed to your etsy store by an international friend with whom i am doing a nail polish swap. she asked for me to include a couple of your polishes in our swap. while browsing, i couldn't help but want to try several other products. i ordered a soap sampler, hoping to find something that my little girl, who suffers from eczema, can use in the bath & shower that is "fun" for her and good for her skin. if we can choose a favorite, i will be ordering full-size bars. and if not, more sampler sizes! wish i lived close enough to buy in person :)

Michie said...

Having tried two of your polishes and LOVING them (have 3 more to try), I now NEED to try your soaps. You mentioned a lime/rum soap that sounds divine. And a southern peach one! I think I will start with a sample pack because I can't choose just one!

Hello There Blondie said...

I want to try every single one of your products! Especially Southern Belle lotion - I love peaches and I love the south :)

TCSunshine78 said...

I absolutely love all of your polishes!! They are SOooo pretty!! I am looking forward to trying some of the other items that you offer (heehee...just have to wait until we have some extra cash)!! Thank you so much, from this local girl!! =)

Cathy said...

I would love to try your soaps. I already own some of your nail polish and it is amazing. I'll probably pick up some of your soap in the near future as well!

Unknown said...

I would really love some Lilac scented lotion and to have Proud Peacock. It looks so pretty!

B said...

I wanna try the rainbow soap! Oh and of course the nail polishes- ALL OF THEM <3

Jaq said...

I say it all the time that I love your soaps. I can't wait to be able to try some nail polishes, and give them to some friends.

Jen said...

I'm in love with your Ice Queen polish!! Must have! Please get more supplies soon!! :)

Annelise said...

Anything raspberry and vanilla sounds amazing to me, and as a glitter addict anything sparkly for my nails is a must!

Chelsea Malone said...

I want to try everything! I love the clown puke polish I would love to try it. I love the look and scents of all your soaps! I am sure they smell amazing!!! Hopefully I will be able to try them soon!!!

Jamie said...

I would love to try anything from you!!!! I love vanilla anything, but your polish creations are what puts me over the top. I own 3 of your polishes and can't wait to own more!!!! I'm also a sucker for any bath and body products!

Jamie said...

I would love to try any of your bath and body products, your yummy scents sound amazing. Your nail polish puts me over the top. I own 3 polishes and can't wait to get more!

Ness0914 said...

I just recently found out about your products. Clown Puke looks amazeballs as do many of your soaps!! I will be ordering Clown Puke when it becomes available again!

Brooke said...

Your soaps look great, but I may need to watch for Key Lime Pie, I'm not usually a green kinda person, but WOW!

CarmH said...

I'm glad I was able to get some of your nail polishes. They're so nice!

Elizabeth_Bethezda said...

Hey! I want to try Proud Peacock b/c everybody was raving about it and then when I went to buy it, it was sold out. I'm glad to hear that there will be more soon. :)

Apple Lacquer said...

I'd love to try Shipwreck! :)

Sophie said...

I would love to try the sugar scrubs and polishes :D

roxann said...

Robin looks so pretty and also love to try the patchouli lotion

The Marula Tree Soap Co. said...

Loooooooooved your easter egg bath bombs, they were SO cute!

Anna said...

I would loveeeee to try the pink sugar scrub and lotion. I just loveeee all of your stuff and how it smells!

Alishia said...

I LOVE your pumpkin sugar scrub, and I hope there will be more scents in the sugar scrub soon. They are delightful!

I'm really excited to try your nail polishes when they come back in stock!

Alishia said...

I LOVE your pumpkin sugar scrub, and I hope there will be more scents in the sugar scrub soon. They are delightful!

I'm really excited to try your nail polishes when they come back in stock!

Anonymous said...

I have been using your bath bombs and lip balm for a few months. Totally in love with look of your polishes and can't wait to try them out.

brooknbrynsmom said...

I want Vegas Bomb soo bad! Just ordered Newsprint last week and haven't gotten it yet, but soo excited! Shipwreck and Showgirl are 2nd and 3rd most wanted for me:)

Msmall124 said...

I am Loooving My nail polishes!! I'm wearing shipwrecked over China Glaze Shower together right now -Looks Amaazing!!
I've also been repeatedly showing your Etsy store to my husband and oh-so-Subtlety hinting about mother's day and how I've got to try some of the bath bombs! :))

Elaine said...

Hi! I would love to try your Robin and Party nail polishes. The swatches I've seen are amazing!

Lauri said...

Want to try so many of your polishes. Had almost all in my cart on Etsy, before you got so well known. Was waiting on a bloom from the money tree to purchase; then there none!! :(

Lisa K said...

I would love to try proud peacock!

Ashley said...

I'd love to try Party or Proud Peacock, your nail polishes and soaps look lovely!!

Karla said...

I just got my first two polishes - Shipwreck and Showgirl and I love them!

Lori Y said...

The polish I'd most like to try is Berry Patch

Shannon @ So You Think You Can Paint said...

Fire and Ice was breathtakingly beautiful on my nails.

Candice Croix said...

I'd love to try Vegas Bomb and Party :o) They look just delightful and I am very envious of the ladies that already have them!

Mieko said...

I can't possibly choose just one favorite, but I really love Fairy Dust, Mint Chip and Iced Violet (nail polishes). I have 14 of them already and I haven't come across one I don't like wearing! ^^

Sil said...

I would love to try the
Kaleido-Soap :)

Liv2KnitNSew said...

I would love to try your pumpkin sugar scrub! I have 6 of your polishes (so far), and some of your soaps, and all are amazing! LOVE Kalide-soap. I really want Newsprint & Clown Puke the next time you stock! :-)

Jess said...

I would love to try the sugar scrubs such as the Raspberry Vanilla Sugar Scrub

Devin said...

I am a sucker for handmade soaps!! I need one of yours in my life! and your polishes of course ;)

Chrissy *NailUtopia* said...

I love my Fire & Ice, Ice Queen super sparkly goodness. Berry Patch, Mint Chip perfect spring polishes~!! I did miss out on 2 that are currently on my wishlist, but they will be mine .... eventually~! hehe :D Congrats on almost but going to reach 1k ;)

Lace and Lacquers said...

I'd like to try any of your polishes ;] I'm kicking myself for not ordering them when you had plenty in stock! Arg, me!

Elaine said...

Congrats on reaching your facebook goal with a few days to spare!!! :-)

TraceFace said...

I would like to try Toxic!! <3